Greetings! As you may have seen, there’s been a lot of work going on at Volume Two (a Never Ending Books collective, formerly simply “Never Ending Books”). Books have been organized and re-arranged. There’s been a lot of painting (walls, floor, etc). There’s now a kids’ section in the back!
All this took a lot of work and time, and so the space was largely closed for the month of May.
But May over, the paint has dried, and things are opening back up. Here are some opportunities to come down to the space to see for yourself!
- TOMORROW (Saturday June 5): Live music! Come check out some local freaks including our own Conor making some tunes in the afternoon: https://www.facebook.com/events/225927425578549/
- Sunday, June 6: OPEN HOUSE! We’re gonna be at the store from 3pm-8pm. Come on down! Browse, bring donations, say hi, whatever!
- Regular hours: Following our open house, we’ll be regularly open from 5pm-8pm on Thursdays and Fridays — sort of a pilot program for “not having the place closed all the damn time.”
- CHECK OUT THE CALENDAR: There are more upcoming events, which you can see in this handy Google Calendar, conveniently embedded on our website: https://neverendingbooks.net/calendar
As you’ve likely noticed, the pandemic seems to be winding down here in Connecticut. (Yay!) But it’s not an excuse to get complacent! Most all of us behind the scenes are fully vaccinated, but we understand that this isn’t true of everyone, and some people are immunocomprimised or can’t get vaccinated, and the virus is still A Thing, etc.
- Please wear a mask in the store, even if you’re vaccinated. It’s just easier to have a consistent policy for everyone!
- Please try to limit the number of people in the store to about 20 or so! Not that overwhelming attendance has ever been a huge problem for the space, but you know.
That’s all for now! See you soon!